the clouds to the hills

the clouds to the hills
Somewhere in Imphal

Wednesday, September 26, 2012

Punk Beat Zizek Crimson Me Rain

Spent whole night witout sleep, came to office at 7pm, made myself a cup of coffee and a cup of pounded rice, it was my breakfast. and it rained, still raining. seems like the sky is pouring me farewell rain. My seven months here is over now. am i getting emotional? may be little! these people are so nice they have embraced really as a fren. Last night they gave me a farewell party too. What wud i miss about thailand? Surey  wud miss this office  and my room the most.
I am writing crap, i know, right now. I am just trying to be productive but no way i can be productive. A sleep deprived man can be productive only in terms of sleeping. But cant go to sleep, have lotta thing to do. need to go to bank. need to empty my bookshelves, need to trash all these lousy physics research notes i made in all these months, need to give away the guitar to the owner, need so many things..above all these my room is in a mess! as usual!
                                     At Terrace Bar: my farewell party
                                                {The rain}
 
By the way, watched a documentary film on the english punk band "The Clash"
Love it thoroughly and learnt more about how political the band was. Same time realise a band can't exist long enuf once they get popular. The same story goes for Sex Pistols too. I have always been a great fan of Sex Pistols and will remain so,,whenever i hear the word PUNK nothing comes to my mind except Sex Pistols and Johny Rotten's vocal screaming out "I am Anarchist"...i was introduce to Sex Pistols when i was doing my bachelor by my fren romesh. immediately i fell in love with the band. my fav track was "EMI" but after i learnt the stories behind each songs i love all the tracks.
And I dont like Sid Vicious at all,  to me he was just a dumbfucked man.


these last few weeks what i did at night was to watch documentary films.
I have watched so much on Slavoz Zizek that now every night i need to watch him talk. What i like the most about this guy is he makes Philosophy sounds interesting and easy for people like me. Long ago i tried reading essays on Existentialism. But i hardly could digest those works by Camus or Satre. at one time i was reading Camus' essay the "myth of Sisyphus". Still i like Camus! but not understood everything by him or Satre. here i dont know how to relate Zizek to Camus. but what i mean is thru zizek i am able to understand what philosophy means. and Zizek is a good start to begin with for me. couple of years ago Zizek was speaking in delhi, a fren asked me to accompany him but i refused. but now i regret it so much.

And the other night i was also watching this documentary film "Rebels: An Underground Journey part 2". The film was on Beat Generation and the beat poets and writers.The film revealed many new things for me like i never knew Burrough had sexual relationship with Ginsberg. kerouac also talked about how the word Beatnik is inspired by the word SPUTNIK in a french TV show.


And after a long time i listened to KING CRIMSON"S album BEAT and reminded me how crazy i was about the band and still i am.


No comments:

Post a Comment